www.dcuobr.blogspot.com
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Novidades - Updates 3 e 4

+4
LRTRISTAO
fabio_fn
PPDalla
Supremo
8 participantes

Ir para baixo

Novidades - Updates 3 e 4 Empty Novidades - Updates 3 e 4

Mensagem  Supremo Qui maio 19, 2011 8:18 am

First off, welcome back to everyone! I know that it has been a long wait to get your DCUO on and we very much appreciated your patience while we restored our services. Be sure to visit this link to read about the “Welcome Back” program as well as here for any customer support issues. Needless to say it is great to be back online and we are excited about the future of the game.

I know a lot of you have been waiting for news about Game Update 3. We will be releasing more detailed info in the next few days, but I wanted to go over the high points.

A new Oolong Island Hard Mode Alert
Oolong Island is where paradise meets mad science, and is home to some of the most off the wall DC Comics characters like Chang Tzu and T.O. Morrow. With characters this over the top and the massive brainpower unleashed in such an unrestrained setting, destructive robotics are bound to ensue.

Featured Character: Ra's al Ghul
Who could resist sneaking in the back door of DC’s favorite international terrorist and assassin? This content is not for the weak though; the difficulty ramps up quickly and even experienced devs needed to pay close attention in our play tests in order not to wipeout in the first room. But hey, nobody said battling ninjas would be easy.

Two-Face Duo
This duo features some really compelling level design as players follow Harvey Dent aka Two-Face into The Penguin’s underground smuggling operation below the streets of Gotham City. Clayface makes a fantastic shape shifting appearance along the way that delivers on his character in a way we think the players will expect and appreciate. We really tried to capture The Penguin as a master criminal operating on a huge scale, but we still couldn’t resist the allure of robotic penguins – gotta love them!

Poison Ivy vs. Swamp Thing
Building on what we learned with past special events, this spring event pits two fan favorite characters in a battle that spans Gotham City. As Poison Ivy’s sinister plot unfolds tons of great combat action ensues, building on the game strengths in terms of action and iconic appeal.

As always there will be a number of enhancements, optimizations, bug fixes and general game improvements in the update as well. We will be publishing update notes once we are closer to release.
I know that everyone is as anxious to get their hands on the new game play as we are to give it to you. The downtime has caused our publish schedule to shift a bit, but we will update you with an estimate of release as soon as we know more.

Please be sure to check out the thread on MegaServers on our PC forums and our PS3 forums. We are very excited about this plan and what they will mean for our players. I know everyone is concerned on how MegaServers will impact you so please be sure to read up and join in on the discussions. As I have said previously, we will do our best to make as many people happy with the implementation process as we can, and I can assure you that we will be fair and consistent.

Looking ahead even further, we are also deep into work on Game Update 4. We will be discussing this in more detail once Game Update 3 has been delivered, but I can say we will have a couple of new alerts, with one taking place in the Batcave. We will also be kicking off a new Raid series with new high level gear and a somewhat crystalline location SMILEY. I have played through a lot of what we have going right now and I honestly think it is some of the coolest game play we have ever created.

Finally, I would like to announce that we have a new Game Director for DC Universe Online, Mark Anderson. Mark was the Art Director for DCUO at launch and was dually responsible for the game’s combat system. Joining us from the God of War team, Mark has over the years been one of the most creative and passionate members of the DCUO team and we are very excited for the vision he has for the game moving forward. If you see Mark (aka MAnderson) in the forums make sure to say hi and tell him to get back to work.

See you in game!

Lorin "DeadMeat" Jameson
Executive Producer

Fonte: [url=http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuops3/posts/list.m?topic_id=22608[/url]

Muuuitas novidadeees, o Monstro do Pântano mal voltou ao universo dc (pra quem acompanha a saga nas hqs "O dia mais claro") e já terá um evento versus a Hera Venenosaa, entre muitas outras novidades para o Update 3 que provavelmente sairá até dia 31, finalmentee resolveram arregaçar as mangaaas mas é issooooooooooooooo ai galeeeeera, ainda faaaalta lvls e poderes novos, vlw Dark por tirar doce de uma criança =(

Última edição por Supremo em Qui maio 19, 2011 9:55 am, editado 2 vez(es)
Supremo
Supremo
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

Nick : Supremo - H

League : JUSTICE LEGENDS

Servidor : PS3 - Blood Will Run
PSN : Germano_12

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Novidades - Updates 3 e 4 Empty Re: Novidades - Updates 3 e 4

Mensagem  PPDalla Qui maio 19, 2011 9:04 am

Meu caro Supremo, desculpe-me por desaponta-lo, mas não falaram em aumentar o lvl cap e sim em armaduras mais avançadas(new high level gear = armadura), tipo tier 3.

PPDalla
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

Nick : DarkVulcano - H - DPS MORTO EM COMBATE

Servidor : PS3 - PVP
PSN : PPDallaUSA

Mensagem  fabio_fn Qui maio 19, 2011 11:33 am

O Supremo é muito ansioso...
"Paciência, pequeno gafanhoto de ébano"
fabio_fn
fabio_fn
Usúario Experiente
Usúario Experiente

CR : 80
Nick : DARKPUNISHER- gadget / GREEN BATTERY - Hard Light

League : BRAZILIAN FIGHTERS

Servidor : USPS3
PSN : fabio_fn

Mensagem  LRTRISTAO Qui maio 19, 2011 11:43 am

fabiofn escreveu:O Supremo é muito ansioso...
"Paciência, pequeno gafanhoto de ébano"

PEQUENO GAFANHOTO DE ÉBANO!!!! auhAHUahuaHUahauAHUhaHAuAHUahuaHUauhAHUahu...

Melhor definição do Supremo até hoje!!!! uhUHahuAUHahUAUHahuAHUAhuAUhaahU...

LRTRISTAO
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

CR : 74
Nick : Mercurial Metal(DPS) - H / Homem Berinjela(HEAL) - H

League : Brazilian Fighters

Servidor : PS3 - Blood Will Run/PvP
PSN : LRTRISTAO

Mensagem  Leo_brandao Qui maio 19, 2011 9:22 pm

cara acho que nasci pra ser vidente lembram-se da primeira vez que vcs disseram que achavam que o level ia aumentar eu cantei a pedra quando disse que era dificil aumentar o level ate mesmo pela historia do jogo que vc se torna membro da liga da justica somente quando chega no level 30 e cantei que iriam ser criadas as tier 3 e inimigos mais poderosos.
Leo_brandao
Leo_brandao
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

Nick : BlackRanger - H/DPS-Fire SgtPM Brandao - H/Healer-Sorcery

League : Brasilian Fighters

Servidor : PS3 - Blood Will Run/PvP
PSN : Leonardo_Brandao

Mensagem  stuntsff Dom maio 22, 2011 2:27 am

Leo_brandao escreveu:cara acho que nasci pra ser vidente lembram-se da primeira vez que vcs disseram que achavam que o level ia aumentar eu cantei a pedra quando disse que era dificil aumentar o level ate mesmo pela historia do jogo que vc se torna membro da liga da justica somente quando chega no level 30 e cantei que iriam ser criadas as tier 3 e inimigos mais poderosos.

É meu amigos, melhor nós acelerarmos o processo de conseguirmos full t2, pq com certeza para pegar o t3 tem que esta bem equipado.

Um tinha um lance que iria sair o char do lanterna verde como controller?

Valeu

stuntsff
stuntsff
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

Nick : HYPER FLAME - H DEATHFENIX - V

League : BRAZILIAN FIGHTERS

Servidor : PS3
PSN : Clayfigther2008

Mensagem  Supremo Ter maio 31, 2011 1:00 pm

May 27, 2011
DC Universe Online's Developers Chat About The Upcoming Spring Update

By Jason Van Horn

I'm a nerd - no way around it. I like science fiction and fantasy. I play videogames. I read comics. So after receiving an invite to participate in a roundtable interview with Mark Anderson (Game Director for DCUO) and Lorin Jameson (Executive Producer for DCUO) I jumped at the chance since I actively play the game and have been closely following DC comics heavily for around three years now, which has had some major turns such as the return of Swamp Thing, who just so happens to be making his way into the Spring update for the game.

For those who might not be familiar with the comics, a recent DC event called Brightest Day wrapped up, and it was revealed that the White Lantern had brought certain people who were dead back to life so that they could fulfill a role needed of them, which ended up being the resurrection of Alec Holland, as the Swamp Thing essence had become infected by the darkness that overtook the world during the Blackest Night event. With the upcoming Spring update, Swamp Thing is actually going to be one of the major players, as he's set to do battle with Poison Ivy over control of The Green. "Swamp Thing is a servant of The Green," said Lorin Jameson. "He's basically the keeper and The Green is this sort of life force of plants and nature. So as Earth's plant elemental and guardian of The Green, we wanted that to be the focus of the Spring event. Our story here is that Poison Ivy is making a bid to become more like Swamp Thing, so that's the competition there. You're going out as a villain and trying to help make Poison Ivy the guardian of The Green and as a hero you're trying to stop her from doing that and working with Swamp Thing. It's Alec Holland. It's a very traditional Swamp Thing with our own DCUO take on the art style of it. A funny story - I think the biggest controversy we had going back and forth on this was whether he should have teeth."

"I kind of liked the bared teeth version," said Mark Anderson, "but DC really wanted us to capitalize on Swamp Thing's character as the protector of The Green and didn't want him to be too menacing, which we feel is a good call as well, so that was one of our biggest things."

Mark also said that the inclusion of Swamp Thing was a happy coincidence and that he wasn't pursued and used strictly to go side-by-side with the end of the Brightest Day series. "We were actually quite surprised we were able to use Swamp Thing, because he's a Vertigo character, so it was very cool that they allowed us to use him for the Spring event and DC was excited that we wanted to use the character to begin with, and unknown to us he got a lot of attention in the recent Brightest Day storyline when he went evil. We were excited about it and we tried to come up with a really cool premise that was Spring themed and involved those two plant characters that players of all origins and character types would be interested in. We modeled it a little bit after our March event, which we thought was very successful, so we're looking forward to people exploring the city again and looking for that Spring content, but there was no plan to tie into what they did with Swamp Thing in Brightest Day, but we did want to take advantage of that character. We do really try to hit most of the mainstream perspective - it's not always a current continuity in terms of the books in the game - so we really are trying to hit a little more greatest hits and establish those characters first before we get into a specific timeline."

When the Spring update hits there will also be two new inclusions as well: a new version of Oolong Island and a new four-man alert called Ra's al Ghul's Revenge. "Oolong Island is a hard-mode of the Oolong Island alert that went in at launch that was part of the leveling," said Lorin. "So it's going to be added to the endgame rotation. There's no story change there, but there are going to be gameplay mechanic changes there and it's going to be harder and balanced for two people." As for how long it will take, Lorin added, "It completely depends on your gear and your group - most importantly it's your group. Obviously there's a gear check for any content we're doing in the endgame. It's why we have tiers. It's part of what makes players have fun pursuing new gear so they can see some of that new content. If you've got a bad group that's not paying attention to those mechanics you're doomed and it's going to take a lot longer. I think a good group - a really good group that's well geared - maybe 30 to 40 minutes...maybe an hour for a bad group. If you're pugging with some really bad players it could be an hour and a half or not even finish. So it depends on how familiar with it you are, how overpowered or geared your group is, and how good they are."

Lorin continued: "The Ra's al Ghul one we tried to really distill that character to what most people might know about him and a lot of that probably comes from the Batman Begins movie and The Animated Series. In the first movie he's in charge of this league and he has plans to cleanse humanity's corruption from the Earth. Now we wanted to do that in a way that's appropriate to the character in the comics, so going with the more mystical Lazarus Pit angle and things like that and really playing off the League of Assassins and beating up ninjas, so we wanted to focus on that. The idea is that Ra's is trying to cleanse humanity from the planet using the Lazarus Pit and this mystical ritual, and he has a mountain stronghold somewhere that's fortified with all these ninjas, and players start by facing some of his most elite ninja out there. Based on the choices you make in that particular fight - who you take out and who you leave until the end - determines how that episode is going to unfold and challenges are going to change based on those decisions. The cool thing is we started that one out with a 'same Bat-time, same Bat-channel' moment with a cliffhanger beginning (believe it or not) where Ra's comes in and actually captures the players and spills his plans and you have to make this daring escape from his death trap in order to actually hunt him down into the center of his lair and stop this thing from happening, so there are a lot of cool tricks and surprises along the way."

Given Ra's al Ghul's League of Assassins, players will be able to obtain special League of Assassins gear, and while the group is evil, Mark still thinks that the gear can apply to heroes too. "I think besides the obvious sort of dark hero bent on some of that stuff that I think are an obvious grab, people love ninjas regardless of their alignment. There's a lot of the gear that I think works in terms of a Middle Eastern vibe that we haven't done a lot of and it's also dependant on how you combine it with the rest of your gear, but I think it totally works for either hero or villain, and that's always something we're reasonably conscience of as we're giving you some gear that's clearly villainess and others hero bent and others that work well between the two. A lot of that plays on the style system and the color inheritance, and a lot of stuff - depending on how you color it - can go either very, very dark or work very well for a hero as well."

After talking about the new content coming in the Spring update, the developers also took the time to talk about lessons they've learned, problems they've faced, and even gave some tiny hints as to what's to come. One of the first big changes that's going to happen soon is the merging of servers, which some people worry might mean their character losing their name if someone else has it on the server they're merging with. Lorin explained the process and how the game will decide on which player will have the rights to the name. "There will be name collisions. We are looking for the fairest way to resolve the collisions and we've got a pretty good ongoing dialogue with the community to workout the best thing possible. It will be impossible to please everyone, but it will be fair and applied equally. What we're doing is the first tie-breaker when there's a name collision is whether they're an active subscriber and the second is the amount of playtime they have on that character. So if you got the name on day one, but didn't really play the character very long and someone else on another server has the same name and have played for hundreds of hours then they get the name. We also will be implementing a system where if a name has a collision and nobody is a subscriber anymore then that name will be freed up so that our current subscribers can actually get that name. So a lot of names that weren't available before will be available."

Both Mark and Lorin owned up to the fact that the original plan that was envisioned for DC Universe Online - having new monthly content - hasn't worked out yet the way they wanted it to, but that they're constantly working to bridge the gap between updates and when new content is launched. "We've been struggling to hit our stride," said Mark. "We want to get more out faster, but we're not there yet. We are pushing towards a cadence on these updates that insure they're worthwhile and high-quality and get them to the customer as fast as possible, but that's the bar we're sticking to right now. So highest quality we can achieve with a value to the customer instead of just hitting a date."

"I think the biggest thing is we haven't hit the stride that we want to right now," added Lorin, "and it's important to hit that stride and quality level first before we can really start trying to ramp that up. Clearly we want to get players updates as quick as we can, but we don't want to be locked into a publishing schedule that would prevent anything we can get out sooner. But right now our most important thing is to hit that stride and quality level every time."

"We want to make sure we're getting in touch with our audience," Mark continued. "Again, I think there's definitely been a period there where we were trying to get those updates out and we weren't spending as much time as we wanted to talking to folks or answering their questions. I think for me the biggest thing is moving forward with our strengths. A lot of the new content we made we're trying to do less creative and wacky things and more on the strengths we know that the fans are looking for, and we're trying to listen to them on those things."

Lorin went on to address the joke of players calling the game Gotham Online since so much of the content has so far been about Batman and his list of rogues. While Batman and his villains have certainly been the focus so far, it won't always be that case and other heroes and villains will start coming to the foreground more, and we'll potential see that start to happen as early as June's E3." At E3 you'll see a glimpse of what we have to offer in terms of our endgame content that we're rolling out, and we'll shift it with the smaller scope updates as well to go with a new rogues gallery and iconic characters to put out there. You'll soon see a lightening up of the Batman-centric stuff and moving towards some of our other six big characters."

New content also means a new tier of gear, and while some people think the grind required to earn the badges needed to unlock the first two tiers is a bit too much, they shouldn't have to wait long as the badge requirements needed will be coming down somewhat once the third tier is released, and Mark even hinted that there might be some new ways in which the player can earn those much-needed badges. "We've actually announced on the forums that as we start to look at rolling out new tier gear that the stuff we have now will start coming down and be easier for most players to afford and be available to more players. There should shortly be more ways to get it and it should be easier for most people to get a hold of as well."

Lorin added: "Basically when we release a new tier all the previous tiers will get bumped down, so the badge rate to get the tougher gear will be slower than the old stuff and you can accumulate that much quicker now and do it with a lower population count such as duos, for instance, and get that gear you couldn't previously get and get into that new content. The top gear will always be a challenge though."

Finally, since Mark Anderson is still relatively new to the role as the game's new Game Director, he shared his vision and plans for the future and what fans can expect from DC Universe Online as it continues on. "Two things that we're really trying to start doing more of is that we've heard from players about difficulty, and I can tell you from the play tests on this one that this one will definitely be a challenge for players in a good way. I think the other thing is keeping that variety there and that sense of randomness there so that things don't play the same. I think that's something you'll see more of as we progress with the game."
Supremo
Supremo
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

Mensagem  Supremo Ter maio 31, 2011 1:01 pm

For those who can't watch the video from work here is a brief recap:

- Humorous false start because the camera gets switched on prior to Mark and Jens being aware that it is on.

- UPDATE 3: Two-Face Duo coming with new iconic characters included from the Batman Rogues Gallery, including Clayface. Clayface will be sporting new animation models and attacks, including a puddle form and a wild form with many extra limbs that will make for an exciting fight. Jens reveals he is not a fan of the Tim Burton-designed Penguin Commandos from BATMAN RETURNS and advocated against their inclusion, but when they became laser-eyed beasts, he was happy with that.

- UPDATE 3: Ra's al Ghul (is it Raz or Raish? It is Raish.) will be showing up in new content that will include the League of Assassins and ninja-styled LoA gear. It will feature many of the tropes of Ra's encounters in DCU including Lazarus Pits and powerful underbosses (sounded like they were hinting at Talia and Ubu.) You will determine early on in the mission which bosses you face depending on choices you make.

- UPDATE 3: Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing special Spring Event that will bring in the first former Vertigo character into DCUO. DC Entertainment recently returned Vertigo staples such as John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and the Endless into use in the DCU and this is the first licensed use of such characters.

- Jens and Mark remark on the increased presence of devs on the forums. They said this was a result of getting a lot of work done since launch as was not a result of their being tethered by SOE or DCE.

- Mark says there's no reason there shouldn't be a world clock in-game and he will look into it. Marketing maven Debbie Sue says off-camera that it should be a 26 hour Kryptonian clock.

- Mark and Jens say that Stephanie Brown former Spoiler, now Batgirl in the DC comics, doesn't have a model built for in-game use. They say that there is a Cassandra Cain Batgirl model built but not deployed. While Batgirl would be a good addition to the game, there are no plans to do so at this time. They acknowledge that there is a preponderance of Bat-content and that this was planned to be this way from the start as the Batman Family is leading the DCU in public awareness and sales. More diverse content is on the way and we can expect to see a leavening of Bat-content in the future (meaning Summer and beyond) and more content from other members of the so-called Big Six will be included.

- UPDATE 3: Estimated time of arrival: SOON. and VERY SOON. and IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS from the male off camera voice.

- MEGASERVER: Also SOON. Mark and Jens say don't consider it a server merge as it is a better use of technology than that action and they believe it will bring to the game what we all want; full cities, more action in the open world, quick queues for alerts, duos, and raids.

- TIER 3 GEAR: This will show up later, possibly this Summer, but not in U3. No specifics on this one.

- Iconic emblems are prevented from being available to all in all areas because of partnership agreements with DC Entertainment. As mentioned by the devs, color and placement of these core branding icons are the most important pieces of art to DCE and their use is highly limited. Mark specifically wanted to answer this to let folks know why they aren't avaiable from when you roll a new character.

- Fanfair will be in Las Vegas from July 7 to 9 and you will be able to get an appearance-only "Vegas, Baby, Vegas!" sequined jacket for attending the event in person. I'll be in Maui performing a wedding or I would see you all there.

- Broken leveling content and late game content is being worked on constantly and we should see a ton of stuff fixed up in Update 3. This includes UI improvements and optimizations.

- Will there be platform-specific DLC? Marketing maven Debbie Sue says no from off-camera.

- Load outs for gear? Great idea, not happening just yet.

- PVP work has been on fixing exploits more than creating new Legends icons to play with.

- Beta Emblem for those who participated in the beta test is ready to go and will be deployed soon, but it was not specified if that SOON meant the drop of U3 or if it was more of a Blizzard-like SOON which could mean much later. SMILEY

- MARK TOTALLY SAID HE WOULD TELL US HOW TO UNLOCK ARKHAM ASYLUM JOKER ON THE FORUMS. No one in the room during the chat knew how to unlock Arkham Joker for Legends PVP play (which might tell us why no one has unlocked it yet.)

- New powersets that have been examined and discussed internally include Electric, Earth, and Hard Light. There is no date for these to show up, but there were many obtuse hints dropped as to the possibility of the latter showing up sooner than later, but again, not in U3.

- The game will have a presence at E3, San Diego Comic-Con, and Fan Fair in Vegas. It is not known at this time if DCUO will be at GamesCon in Europe.

- They would like to do a bank expansion, but it messes with the UI, so they haven't done it yet. The devs are happy you like the stuff you have and want to keep it, so they want to do this soon.

- Many times Jens let us know in a covert fashion that it is likely that Superman who will take center stage in the future updates. At the end of the video, Mark shows an 11x17 printout of a figure, likely Superman, standing in front of what looks like the DCUO version of the Fortress of Solitude.

Good job, guys. Your mom wants you to wear a collared shirt on camera, but the rest of us just want the game to stay online for this long weekend. And we want to know how to unlock Arkham Asylum Joker.
Supremo
Supremo
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

Mensagem  MarceloSix Ter maio 31, 2011 8:00 pm

O que mais me irrita é eles ficarem falando "em breve", pra mim é melhor falar uma data certa ou nem falar. Tanto que saía antes dos meus créditos acabarem to de boa.
MarceloSix
MarceloSix
Moderador
Moderador

CR : 89
Nick : Soulstice - H

Servidor : PC

https://dcuobr.forumbrasil.net

Mensagem  kure Ter maio 31, 2011 9:21 pm

"Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing special Spring Event"
Isso provavelmente indicaria q vão lançar até a proxima primavera lá, ja aproveitando o evento...acredito eu Neutral
kure
kure
Amador
Amador

Mensagem  Supremo Qua Jun 01, 2011 8:02 am

MarceloSix escreveu:O que mais me irrita é eles ficarem falando "em breve", pra mim é melhor falar uma data certa ou nem falar. Tanto que saía antes dos meus créditos acabarem to de boa.

²
Supremo
Supremo
Poderes em ascenção
Poderes em ascenção

Mensagem  kure Qua Jun 01, 2011 8:51 am

Mas mesmo o porprio World of Warcraft, enrolou um monte antes de sair o cataclysm, fizeram o alarde com videos e public test realm, soltaram o update e depooooooooooooois de muito instigar os fãs definiram uma data...hj em dia os fãs até reclamam da expansão q não acrescentou nada aos high level, digo em relação a dungeons e tal, tá mais voltada para conseguir novos fãs q estão começando a pouco tempo Razz
kure
kure
Amador
Amador

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo